What to Expect with the Sonata Treatment
Before the procedure:
- The Sonata Treatment will take place with you laying on an exam table as if you were receiving a pelvic exam.
- The time of your procedure will depend on the number and size of fibroids scheduled to be treated. Each fibroid takes between 1.5 to 7 minutes to treat.
- Plan to have a companion or family member to drive you home unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
After the procedure:
- The Sonata Treatment is an outpatient procedure so you will be scheduled to return home the same day.
- Your time in the recovery room will depend on the type of anesthesia you received and how comfortable you feel after the procedure.
- Your doctor will provide specific discharge instructions and encourage you to rest and limit strenuous activities.